Town of Oregon
Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2017
Chairman Wayne Ace called the May 23rd, 2017 Town Board Meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
Clerk Arnold called the roll with the following Town Board Supervisors present, Phil Van Kampen, Arlen Christensen, Fred Clark, and Chairman Wayne Ace. Absent: Supervisor Steve Root. Also present were representatives George Pulnow from Fahrner, Colin Jacobson from Scott Construction and Chad Novak from Payne and Dolan.
Motion made by Ace and seconded by Van Kampen to award the 2017 Crack filling work to Crack Filling Services from Cross Plains in the amount of $11,900. Motion carried. The roads that will receive crack filling maintenance will be:
· North Storytown Rd from Sun Valley Parkway to Purcell Rd $ 4,200.
· Sun Valley Parkway from County Highway D to Judd Rd $ 3,700.
· Tipperary Rd from County Highway A to Bellbrook Rd $ 3,200.
· Glenway Rd from Alpine Rd to 2,235’ North $ 800.
· Total $11,900.
Chairman Ace requested that George Polnow of Fahrner Sealers LLC explain the product GSB-88. Mr. Polnow shared that gilsonite is a natural ore pavement sealer and rejuvenator. The product is sprayed on and cures in a just a few hours sealing the road as it penetrates into the asphalt minimizing cracking. GSB-88 works well in a cul-de-sac because it does not have the negative side effect of loose aggregate product that residents complain about. The road will need to be closed for two hours and Fahrner will be responsible for placing tags on all the homes affected. This will provide sealing from water intrusion. Motion made by Ace and seconded by Van Kampen to award the bid to apply GSB-88 to Fahrner Sealers, LLC. in the amount of $9,670. Motion carried.
· Country Meadow Rd from CTH MM to end & cul-de-sac. $ 3,612.
· Trail Ridge Court from Blue Heron Way to end & cul-de-sac. $ 2,573.
· Heather Lane from Hillcrest Lane to end & cul-de-sac. $ 3,485.
· Total $ 9,670.
Motion made by Christensen and seconded by Van Kampen to award the bid for 2017 Seal Coating to Scott Construction in the amount of $54,360. Motion carried.
· Glenway Rd from Alpine Rd to Bellbrook Rd $16,932.
· Purcell Rd from N. Storytown to Town of Oregon Border $12,218.
· Tipperary Rd from Bellbrook Rd to Alpine Rd $25,210.
· Total $54,360.
Town of Oregon - Board Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2017 Page 2
The entire Hampton Hills Sub-Division is in the projected pulverize and asphalt repaving bid for 2017. Motion made by Ace and seconded by Van Kampen to award the 2017 Road Paving (Asphalt) bid Payne and Dolan in the amount of $208,770.35. Motion carried. Chair Ace had questions regarding the best way to handle this sub-division. There are 50 cement driveways that are to be cut in the current plan. The residents do not want their driveways cut. The grade will be raised 3 ½ to 4 inches. The driveways would be cut by Payne and Dolan and the hauling of the cement product would be the Town’s responsibility. Ace is willing to have a meeting with the residents in the neighborhood. A resident of the sub-division Doug Sina is representing the group. Ace would like to find a compromise. The board agreed that Ace should meet with the members of the sub-division, listen to their requests and bring the information back to the Town Board.
· Connemara Lane- Sun Valley to the end of the cul-de-sac. $ 50,459.60
· Oak Hollow Dr. – Stony Hill Dr to the end of the cul-de-sac. $ 66,821.50
· Stony Hill Dr. – Oak Hollow to the end of the cul-de-sac. $ 55,330.70
· Hampton Hills Rd – Sun Valley Parkway to Stony Hill Dr. $ 11,241.00
· Lathers Rd - South end of cul-de-sac and continue. $ 24,917.55
· Total $208,770.35
The total expense in road work is currently $272,800.35 the amount in the 2017 budget is $275,000.
Clerk Arnold explained that the Town of Oregon has five unused Class B Liquor Licenses. The Town of Brooklyn is willing to pay $15,000 for 1 Class B Liquor License. There is a contract that the Town of Brooklyn has created the Town Board requested that Clerk Arnold have Attorney Larry Bechler review the contract before approval. Motion made by Van Kampen and seconded by Christensen to approve the transaction pending approval of the contract with Attorney Bechler. Motion carried.
Motion made by Van Kampen and seconded by Clark to approve a radio purchase for Constable Kurt Maher in the amount of $900. Motion carried.
Ace suggested that the outcome of the Liquor License contract be reviewed before a decision on the June 6, 2017 Town Board Agenda.
Motion made by Ace and seconded by Clark to adjourn the May 23, 2017 Town Board Meeting at 7:25 pm. Motion carried.
Denise R. Arnold