Town of Oregon Caucus Minutes
January 16, 2016
Chairman Wayne Ace called the January 16, 2016 Town of Oregon Caucus to order at 2:00 pm with 24 residents present and Clerk Denise Arnold. Ace thanked everyone for attending, explained the process and reminded all voters to sign in. Ace requested two Caucus Tellers, Carlene Bechen and Chris Johnson volunteered.
Chair Ace requested the tellers distribute ballots to all voters. Voters were then instructed to vote for up to two candidates for the office of Town Board Supervisor. Ballots were collected and the following candidates were nominated.
1. Steve Root Accepted the nomination
2. Phil Van Kampen Accepted the nomination
3. Chuck Loeffelholz Declined the nomination
4. Bob Johnson Declined the nomination
5. Arlen Christensen Accepted the nomination
6. Chester Ace Declined the nomination
7. Chris Johnson Declined the nomination
8. Fred Clark Declined-due to current Supervisor position
9. Jason Marshall Absent
The candidates for Town Board Supervisor will be Steve Root, Phil Van Kampen, Arlen Christensen and Jason Marshall. The four names were place in a basket that was held by Teller Carlene Bechen and Teller Chris Johnson randomly selected the ballot order of the candidates. The ballot order should read as follows:
1. Arlen Christensen
2. Jason Marshall
3. Steve Root
4. Phil Van Kampen
Chairman Ace thanked everyone for coming to the 2016 Town of Oregon Caucus. Clerk Arnold reminded the candidates that they should pick up the required paperwork before leaving and the completed documents need to be returned by Friday January 22, 2016 at 4:00 pm.
Denise R. Arnold