Home : Plan Commission > Plan Commission Minutes

Selected Plan Commission Minutes
Plan Commission Minutes
Aug 18, 2015
PDF Version: 45254_2015-Aug-18_Plan Commission Minutes .pdf

Town of Oregon 

Planning Commission Meeting Minutes 

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

 

1.         Call Planning Commission meeting to order.

Chairman Brian Duffin called the Planning Commission Regular Meeting to order at 6:35 p.m. on Tuesday, August 18, 2015. 

Members present:  Paul Morrison, Tom Wiedenbeck, Andy Blomstrom, Dave Hagemann, Brian Duffin, Arlan Kay, Sharon Christensen.  Also present:  Town Board Chairman Wayne Ace, Bill Buglass from Payne & Dolan and Deputy Clerk Jennifer Hanson.

 

2.         Approval of minutes from the last meeting.

Motion by Hagemann to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 28, 2015.  Seconded by Blomstrom.  Motion carried 7-0.

 

3.         Public Comments.

Town Board Chairman Wayne Ace appointed Arlan Kay to the position of Plan Commission member.  Ace also re-appointed Andy Blomstrom and Paul Morrison to the Plan Commission.  Arlan Kay gave a brief background of his life.

 

Deputy Clerk Hanson clarified that Andy Blomstrom and Paul Morrison were appointed to a three year term ending June 2018.  Arlan Kay is replacing Tom Wiedenbeck who is now assigned to the Plan Commission as a Town Board Supervisor.  Arlan Kay is filling the remaining term ending June 2016. 

 

Bill Buglass will schedule a tour of the Anderson Quarry sometime in September during the day when they will blast.  Bill will contact the clerk’s office when a date and time is determined.  The Plan Commission would prefer a time after 2:00 p.m.   

 

4.         Discussion and possible Action re: Review of town ordinances.

The plan commission resumed discussion on Chapter 11 - Land Division and Subdivision Code.  Last month Andy was concerned about a provision in the town ordinance that the town was requiring state agencies to act within twenty (20) days.  The issue was in Chapter 11.20.030(2 & 3) of the town ordinances that references Wis. Stat. 236.12(6).  Deputy Clerk Hanson did some research on the statue and discovered that 236.12(6) was eliminated.  The commission discussed incorporating the current language of the state statue or just reference the state statue number in the town ordinance.  Morrison explained that this is the final step of approval for a plat and after all the public hearings have been held.  The members agreed to just reference the state statue 236.12 and eliminate town ordinance 11.20.030(3).

 

The members discussed the driveway complaint on Johnson Avenue.  The plan commission discussed adding to the driveway ordinance that the town will not replace a concrete driveway with concrete.

 

Andy discussed the quality of the road work performed in the town.  Tom said the roads were checked this year before payment was made.  Brian asked if the specifications for road construction in the town ordinance match the current road bid requests.

 

The plan commission discussed Chapter 11.40 Condominium Developments.  Andy believes the duplexes on Netherwood Rd. became condominiums.  Sharon questioned the legal descriptions created for the condominiums.  Andy will look into the legal description created and will report back next month.  There was discussion whether multi-family housing was allowed in the town or if it could be created from existing homes.  Currently the town has no ordinance related to commercial condominiums.  The town has 6 commercial condominium units in three buildings.  The units are combined for tax purposes.  Sharon thought only three condominiums were approved.  There was additional discussion on condominiums.  Brian asked if there should be separate language in the ordinances for commercial condominiums and residential condominiums.  Jennifer will follow up with Dane County.

 

Brian would like to review Chapter 7 on mobile home ordinances next month.

 

The fees in Chapter 11.45 Variances – Penalties and Violations will be removed and added to a fee schedule. 

 

Paul suggested working on transfer of development rights and conservation subdivisions in the future.  Brian reported that the park committee agreed that the Hermsen Property should be donated to the Village of Oregon because of the close proximity.  At the Town Board meeting, Jerry Bollig expressed reluctance to accept the land due to the cost to maintain the property.

 

5.         Discussion and possible Action re: TORC procedure.

No updates on the TORC procedure.

 

6.         Update on Anderson Park.

The Friends of Anderson Park will be holding an annual meeting sometime in September. 

 

7.         Communications.

The members agreed to read the prior month plan commission minutes prior to the meeting.

 

8.         Adjournment.

Hagememan moved, seconded by Christensen to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 p.m.  Motion carried 7-0.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Jennifer Hanson



Archive View all from: 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005