Home : Park Committee > Park Committee Minutes

Selected Park Committee Minutes
Town of Oregon Park Committee Meeting Minutes
Mar 26, 2007

 


Town of Oregon
Park Committee Meeting Minutes
March 26, 2007 @ 6:35 PM

Present: Steve Root, Janine Jensen, Bob Johnson, Mark Brylski
Also present: James and Thomas Wollin, Pen Beasley

The meeting was called to order by Steve Root.

The minutes from the previous meeting were read. Bob moved to approve and Mark seconded. Motion carried.

Thomas Wollin approached the committee about his interest in an Eagle Scout project. He is interested in creating a sign which will list all Eagle Scout projects that have been completed in the Town of Oregon. While the committee knows that they want a sign to document these efforts, they are entirely open to a discussion of the design. After some discussion, it was felt that a simple sign could be created and located near the Glenway entrance to the park, and a much more detailed sign about the projects located near the equipment. This sign would list all Eagle Scout projects within the township. The size of the signs would be limited to 4' X 8'. The committee informed Thomas that there would need to be some research involved in this project and he was given some ideas on where to start looking. The scout is very interested in proceeding.

Steve reported that the phrase, "Sunrise to Sunset" was approved by the Town Board. Bob will order the new stickers for the signs indicating the new time. Bob will order approximately 20 stickers.

Steve also reported that the Town Board also approved Mark Brylski to be a member of the committee.

Town Park:
The work dates that will be set for this spring will be for work primarily in the Town Park, such as pouring the 5 cement pads for the picnic tables, bench and bike rack. Steve is going to notify the Cub Scout packs, who are looking for service projects. Also, the parking lot needs to be striped and Steve is going to contact the town crew to see if they can do it or if the committee should hire it done. Steve expects to hear soon from Kathy Esch regarding possible placement of trees around the playground equipment.
Ravenoaks Park:
The donated picnic table will have its cement pad poured with a locking device to prevent theft.
Steve is going to order trash receptacles for Ravenoaks, the Town Park, Bicentennial Park and Kennedy Park.
Kennedy Park:
This park needs weed control around the equipment and some minor graffiti removal.

Bicentennial Park:

 
This park looks great. The middle central trail could stand to be improved like the other trails and a couple of scouts have indicated some interest in this project. Trail markers could also be updated and new literature created. Another possible project could be the replacement of the Bicentennial tree which as perished. The turn-around needs to be re-surfaced.

Pen gave a report on the new law dealing with impact fees. She reported that the law deals with park fees that have been collected since 1995. Pen suggested that all park fees collected between 1995 and 1997 should be spent, and Steve felt this was not a problem. He will write a report indicating how those fees that were collected were part of the Phase 1 expenditures in the Town Park. Pen made the suggestion that the committee have a formal plan with budgets, etc. She also suggested that the committee might look into purchasing property to establish a bike trail.

The work dates will be Saturday, May 5th @ 8AM and a secondary date will be May 12th @ 8AM.

The next meeting will be April 23rd at 7:00pm.

Bob moved to adjourn and Steve seconded the motion. Motion carried.

Respectfully submitted,

Janine Jensen



Archive View all from: 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004