Home : Park Committee > Park Committee Minutes

Selected Park Committee Minutes
Town of Oregon Park Committee Meeting Minutes
Jul 23, 2007

 

Town of Oregon
Park Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday July 23, 2007 @ 6:30PM

Present: Steve Root, Janine Jensen, Bob Johnson, Mark Brylski
Also present: Justin Miller and his scout master

The meeting was called to order by Steve Root.

The minutes from the previous meeting were read. Motion made to approve as read. Motion carried.

Eagle Scout candidate, Justin Miller, showed slides of his proposed project in the Bicentennial Park. The slides showed a large expanse of sumac which has overtaken the prairie. The slides also showed that there are many dead trees which need to be removed before the prairie can be burnt. Bob also informed the committee that a fire block would need to be created to avoid an out-of-control fire. Bob suggested that the committee contact the adjacent neighbor to see if they would approve having the committee invest in a locked gate through their fence. This would allow fire department access and for regular maintenance in the park. Steve will make the initial contact with the neighbor and then the scout can take it from there. Several members of the committee agreed to tag the pine trees that need to be removed. The scout requested that he be authorized for funds to rent the chipper and the machine to cut the trees. The adults associated with the troop will actually operate the machinery. The scout hopes to begin the project in approximately 4 weeks. The chips that are created from this project will be used for a future scout project. Steve moved to approve $500 for the project. Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried.

Steve reported that he and Jake Butterfield, of the Stoughton troop have met to review possible Eagle Scout projects and upon Jake's return from a trip, he will be making a presentation.

Town Park:
Bob reported on his presentation to the Town Board. The Town Board approved the request to close the Town Park Road for the month of July.

Bob reported that the park hour stickers have been removed from the signs, making it impossible for the Town Constable to issue tickets. Bob will look into the possibility of getting the information put on some type of metal that can be placed on the signs permanent with rivets. If that doesn't work, the committee will need to consider replacing the signs. There is also some concern about the signs for the benches. Mark will look into having these remade in some material that is sturdier. Mark also reported that the picnic tables appear to have been spared from the vandalism.

Ravenoaks Park:
Gary Wackett has reported that he has written tickets in Ravenoaks in excess of $1500. It seems that some of the trouble-makers have gone from the Town Park to Ravenoaks. Bob expressed concern, in light of the increased vandalism to place the donated table and benches in Ravenoaks. It was decided that the table will be placed near the Town Hall to protect it while still being accessible to the public.

Mark Brylski looked into the swing situation in the Della Street Park. He has made an order for the improvements.

The next meeting will be August 6, 2007 @ 6:30pm.

Bob moved to adjourn and Steve seconded the motion. Motion carried.

Respectfully submitted,

Janine Jensen



Archive View all from: 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004