Home : Park Committee > Park Committee Minutes

Selected Park Committee Minutes
TOWN OF OREGON PARK COMMITTEE
Apr 12, 2004

TOWN OF OREGON PARK COMMITTEE

 

Monday,April 12, 2004 @ 6:40PM

 

Present:  Steve Root, Janine Jensen, Nick Brashi

Also present:  Ken Caspar

 

The minutes from the previous meeting were read and approved as read.

 

Town Park:

Steve informed the committee that he had met with Stephanie Bower and has submitted the necessary paperwork for the committee to receive a $25,000 advance.  It should be arriving before the end of April.

The tasks associated with the Town Park in order of highest priority are as follows: 1. paving of the road and parking lot, bumper guards and marking of handicap parking.  Steve will talk to Ron Outhouse about the possibility of this paving “piggy-backing” on the bids for the other town roads.  This may also include the needed hard-surface trails.  Nick would like to see speed bumps be a part of any bid.  It is the hope of the committee that this paving will be done at some point in the summer.  The second priority for the committee will be entrance signs and then to discuss with the adjacent landowner whether he is still inclined to want fencing near the road.  If not, the committee will request a written waiver from him indicating his decision.  The third ranked priority is for the unpaved trails through the woods.  These could potentially be Eagle Scout projects and Steve will approach the local troops to see if there is any interest in this. 

Steve indicated that the DNR has instructed the committee to cease construction when the total cost approaches $102K and to submit a final reimbursement request at that time.  Any additional costs will be the responsibility of the committee.

 

Steve regretted to inform the committee that he had missed the last town board meeting, so therefore was unable to get the approval for the sign for the town park road.  He will bring this topic up with the board at the next meeting. 

 

The spreadsheets are not yet complete but should be available soon.

 

Work dates will be established at the next meeting.  In the meantime, Steve will request Raandi Schmidt to order mulch for around the trees in Ravenoaks Park.  Matting also needs to be ordered for the Town Park and for Sheil Park. However, it may be fall before the committee can deal with the matting, due to road issues.

 

A representative of a local snowmobile club has approached the town chairman with an idea.  The snowmobile club has a sum of money in the bank, some of which may be DNR funds.  They are looking for a place to build a clubhouse.  The committee discussed whether this would be a possibility in the Town Park.  There is some question about public use and mixing of funds.  After some discussion, it was decided that Steve would contact Jeff Stone and see if the club would be interested in meeting with the committee to discuss the topic in greater detail.

 

Steve reported that there has been some graffiti in the town park, but he should be able to get it removed. 

 

The next meeting has been set for Monday, May 3, 2004 at 6:30pm.  The committee will establish work dates for the parks and also work on the plans for the implementation of Phase 2. 

 

Nick moved to adjourn and Steve seconded the motion.  Motion carried. 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Janine Jensen



Archive View all from: 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004